Iris Recognition from IRIS ID.
Leading the World of Identity Authentication.
Whether you are looking for a single biometric identification solution that leads the industry, or a multi-factor verification solution that works with cards, card readers or keypad solutions, the IrisAccess platform will meet your needs.
Iris ID has been the leader and key developer and driver of the commercialization of iris recognition technology for the past 15 years. IrisAccess continues to lead the market as the world’s most advanced and most widely deployed iris recognition platform.
Found on 6 continents, in thousands of locations, authenticating the identities of millions of persons, more people in more places authenticate with IrisAccess than with all other iris recognition products combined.
- Access Control, Public Safety & Justice, Time & Attendance, Transportation & Immigration, National Identity, Mobile Identity Solutions, Visitor Management, Point of Sale
(Learn More about Iris ID’s Best in Class wide range of Iris Identity product Solutions. Courtesy of Iris ID and YouTube)
The iCAM7000 series is the newest generation in the iCAM series and is completely compatible with the prior iCAM4000 series solution deployed worldwide.
IrisAccess, now in its sixth generation, is used in thousands of locations on six continents, authenticating the identities of millions of people. More people in more places authenticate with IrisAccess than with all other iris recognition products combined.
IrisAccess provides highly accurate, non-contact identification while delivering security, convenience, privacy and productivity. The solution is being used for network-based access control, time and attendance, visitor management and point-of-sale applications.
Iris ID’s biometric solutions provide highly accurate, non-contact identification by the iris of the eye from 14 inches away while delivering security, convenience, privacy and productivity to millions of people around the world.
The iCAM7000’s versatility and flexibility allows for easy integration with many Wiegand and network based access control, time and attendance, visitor management and point of sale applications.
Engineering and design teams have further enhanced the intuitive user interface of the iCAM series with visual and audible prompts that provide the easiest, quickest and most accurate iris enrollment and identification.
A rapid auto-tilt capability further increases both speed and convenience with a simple touch or when combined with cards or PINs to adjust for height.
A face image can also be obtained during enrollment to streamline badging and visitor management applications while a space for an optional surveillance camera has also been incorporated.
A new iData™ software suite for access control, as well as SDKs and a development tool kit allow partners to build identity management applications which support several encryption alternatives, are FIPS201 compliant and include PKI support.
Experts also concede that the countermeasures built into the IrisAccess suite set the standard for the industry.
(See the iCAM7100S in Action! Courtesy of Iris ID and YouTube)
Every iris pattern is unique and stable for life and since there are more readily measurable characteristics in the iris, iris recognition is regarded to be the most accurate, fastest, and scalable option for both small and large scale biometric deployments.
Other biometric modalities such as fingerprint, hand, voice, vein and facial characteristics can often vary and change over time or with use conditions.
How it Works
The IrisAccess employs iris recognition technology to provide accurate identity authentication without PIN numbers, passwords or cards. Enrollment takes less than 2 minutes. Authentication takes less than 2 seconds.
Video-based technology makes it easy to enroll, producing a template that in most cases is good for the life of the subject.
Although the terminology “iris-scanning” is often used when referring to iris recognition technology, there is no scanning involved at all.
Iris technology is based on pattern recognition and the pattern-capturing methodology is based on video camera technology similar to that found in camcorders commonplace in consumer electronics.
Like these cameras, the image capture process does not require bright illumination or close-up imaging.
- With a device activated by proximity sensor, a subject positioned 3″ to 14″ from the Enrollment Optional Unit is guided by a mirrored, audio-assisted interactive interface to allow an auto-focus camera to take a digital video of the iris.
- Individual images from the live video are captured using a frame grabber.
- The innovative algorithm of the iris recognition process analyzes the patterns in the iris that are visible between the pupil and sclera (white of the eye) and converts them into a 512-byte digital template.
- This value is stored in a database and communicated to Identification Control Units associated with portals where the subject has access privileges.
Recognition takes just 2 seconds
- Upon approaching a portal protected by IrisAccess, proximity sensors activate the iCAM (Iris Camera) when the subject nears the operational range of the unit.
- The same mirror-assisted, audio-prompted interface that the subject became familiar with at enrollment helps ensure proper positioning and speedy recognition.
- The iCAM uses the same video and frame-grabbing methodology to create, select and digitize an image to be compared against the stored value retained at enrollment.
- The live presented value is compared against stored values at the well-secured Identification Control Unit (ICU) assigned to the portal.
- Once the iris is matched, either a direct signal is sent to activate a door, or a Weigand signal sent to a central access panel provides the impetus to open the door to an individual authorized to enter.
Iris ID at American Security Expo 2017
To learn more about Iris ID, visit their booth at ‘American Security Expo 2017’ – a full two day conference and exhibition, to be held at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, NJ, conveniently located just minutes outside of New York City, this coming November 8-9th.
The event will focus on the convergence of Homeland Security at the National level with Public Safety and Homeland Security at the State, County and Local Levels.
‘American Security Expo 2017’ will showcase the most innovative companies with Industry Leading Physical & IT Security Solutions for Government concerning a wide range of integrated projects.
Over 110 industry leading firms will be featured on the show floor plus a host of Sponsorship opportunities, and a full schedule of Conference Meetings and Speakers.
The highlight of the 2017 American Security Expo will be the 2017 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards Program Luncheon which will take place the afternoon of November 8, 2017.
Michael Madsen, the Show Manager, is available to discuss Sponsorship Opportunities, Exhibitor Registration, Speaker Scheduling, Group Attendee Discount Admissions and any further questions you may have at email@example.com, 732-233-8119.
Iris ID at a Glance
IrisAccess continues to lead the market as the world’s most advanced and most widely deployed iris recognition platform.
See how Iris ID’s expertise and Advanced Identity Authentication can help add security, convenience, privacy, and productivity to the enterprise operation you wish to improve by visiting the company website at http://www.irisid.com/.